The Countdown

Thursday, May 1, 2008

it's getting closer...

In two weeks I will be in Toronto, have met the others, and started our orientation!

I haven't heard any more details, but I have to pick up Malaria pills next week, so hopefully I'll get the itinerary details I need in order to get the right amount in time.

I'm feeling okay about the timing. I still have some work to do on my course, but the end is reasonably close, and I've got my 'to do before I go' list made and a few things already crossed off. One of the more exciting things was booking Madeline a flight home. My flight home from Toronto touches down in Winnipeg, so I booked her onto the flight I'm on. I doubt I'll even get to get off the plane and see Mom, but it'll be great to share that last leg of the journey home with Madeline.

I realized something today. I was on my way to work, and I was wondering what to pick up for supper (I'm usually pretty good about doing up the menu for the week and getting all the groceries in one shop, but these last couple of weeks have been a little slack) when I realized that I DON'T HAVE TO COOK FOR A MONTH!!! I'm pretty excited about that.

No comments: