The Countdown

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

day one...

Not much to report yet, but the hotel has free internet access and a computer, so here I am... The flight was fairly uneventful except for the one random time I looked out the window and saw St. James! That's the part of Winnipeg my family lives in - I looked out and recognized what I was looking at. Fun to tell Madeline that I saw her from the plane. She was out riding her bike when I called from the airport, having fun with her cousins. Her first two days at the new school have gone well - she says everyone is nice and friendly and she's made lots of friends already. No suprise there! And they're going on a field trip tomorrow to the Symphony.

I've met four of the others on the team, and we'll meet up with the three from here in the morning. I'm sure I'll have lots more to report after our full day of orientation tomorrow - until then, good night!

1 comment:

Jess said...

We are having a great time in St. James. Madeline has been quite a pleasure to have around, 4 kids are really not much more difficult to manage than 3. We are all praying for you here and can't wait to hear about your version of Kenya.