The Countdown

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Switzerland will be #12!

I've never been to Switzerland, but it's on my list of want-to-go's. (It will be the 12th country I've been to!)

I got an email today that was full of details about what to pack and our schedules for orientation and debrief times in Toronto. So no new news about what our time in Kenya looks like, but some good info anyway. I'm giving myself just a couple more days to finish these last two assignments then I'll be in packing mode.

The email did say that Friday at 6:15 PM we fly to Zurich Switzerland, and we fly from Zurich to Nairobi Saturday at 6:10 PM. I checked online for the arrival time (they included the flight # for the flight to Zurich) and it arrives at 8:05 AM. So that means we have all day to explore! I'm a little bit excited about that!!! (Translation: I'm quivering in my chair with excitement and have already looked up scrapbook shops there...)

Our orientation includes meeting everyone on the team and the crew at CBM, considerations for our academic work, cross-cultural communication and overview of Kenyan culture.

The debrief time is mainly a day to prepare a presentation which we then share with the CBM office.

***FYI - the first 11 countries are Canada, USA, Mexico, Holland, Italy, Austria, Germany, England, Venezuela, Portugal and Barbados.***

No comments: