The Countdown

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm writing this one from my own computer in my own home.

Feels strange. I am so happy to be with my family, but it is hard to know that I won't see my new friends tomorrow and the next day and the next. We've been together day in and day out for so long now... didn't realize I'd get quite so attached. Hopefully the promises to keep in touch will be kept.

This morning we did our presentation for the CBM chapel, and I think we did a pretty good job of painting a picture of our experience through the stories we chose to tell.

Sean took the day off work tomorrow and we're letting Madeline stay home from school so we can have some time as a family before she heads off to Brownie camp this weekend. She had a great time in Winnipeg both with family and making new friends, and she is looking forward to seeing her friends here, but family comes first. It will be a good day.

The time in Toronto at the end wasn't as hard as we thought - being in Canada but not home yet was tough, but we kept busy with debriefing and preparing our presentation, and with being tourists and having fun together. We went to Niagra Falls the first afternoon when it was important to stay up and fight the jet lag, and had way more fun than we expected. Three of our friends had never been there, and we went on the Maid of the Mist boat - the one that goes right up to the falls and gets you drenched... good times. We also got in a little shopping - Leona took me to the shops we don't have here and played my personal shopper. Lots of laughs there, too.

More later...

No comments: