The Countdown

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Team

More information has been trickling down...

The team from Canada will have eight people on it. Six women and two men. Carey has two students, McMaster Divinity School has three, and three are from Acadia Divinity School. We've been given each other's email addresses, and have started to introduce ourselves, but so far I've only heard from the three from McMaster.

I have heard from a couple in Africa who will be in communication with us from now till we go with all the things we need to know, and we have heard as well from the man who will be our team leader there. His email was fairly informative: he said there will be a group of Africans along with our group of Canadians, and that they are being selected as representatives from their churches. So they will not know each other either, but will be coming together for this project.

I have finished one of the three required texts - I'll write about that another day, but I will say that there was some benefit in the long drive to Montana and back! I got that done and got The Fate of Africa started. That's on the recommended list, not a required one, but it's really informative, and I hope I can get through it before we go, too.

No comments: