The Countdown

Thursday, February 14, 2008

baby steps

I have not heard back with more details yet, but the deadline to confirm participation was a couple of days ago, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Until then, I have called the travel clinic and made an appointment. I have told them where I am going, when and for how long, and when I go in in a month they will tell me what shots and pills I need. Fun!

And I ordered my books (online at Amazon, my number one textbook supplier!) the night I heard I got accepted. After I did, I realized the syllabus they had attached to the application said SAMPLE in big letters diagonally across the background - oops! I hope they haven't changed... There are three required books and I ordered one of the "also recommended" ones, which is a massive work called The Fate of Africa, all about the last 50 years since independence. It looks really good - I'll be taking it and one of the texts on our road trip to Montana this weekend. (Whitefish Montana has had tonnes of powder this winter, and the temperatures look great for our trip - Snowboarding for Valentine's Day!)

No comments: