The Countdown

Friday, February 1, 2008

and the family?

This would be an amazing trip to share with Sean and Madeline, but no, they are not going along. Sean is going to hold down the fort here, and to simplify childcare every morning and after school, Madeline is going to Winnipeg to hang out with my family there. She'll be going to school with her cousins at the school I went to when I was her age! That's a fun thing to share. She is in French Immersion here and they are not, but her teacher will send some extra french work along with her.

Another fun twist is that it's payback time. My sister Jessica and her husband Dave went to Kenya for a month 3 1/2 years ago, and I looked after their 3 boys for the month. Now I get to go check out 'their' Kenya and they get to watch Madeline for me. Such a huge world - funny to share the same destination. I wonder if we'll get to Mwingi, where they went...

No comments: